Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost In Mississauga
Rarely are you born with perfectly aligned wisdom teeth. In fact, wisdom teeth usually wind up messing your entire bite and alignment with the upper and lower jaw up causing you to have problems chewing and other issues. The lack of alignment and space, and the pressure or proximity of adjacent teeth can cause these teeth to grow improperly through your gum line. If you have severely misaligned wisdom teeth, our dentists at Fowler Dental may recommend a removal procedure. We provide affordable wisdom teeth removal, and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Once our dentists identify the issue, the wisdom teeth removal process will allow you to instantly see the improvements.
Find out how much you may have to pay for wisdom tooth extraction cost and the key symptoms and benefits of the procedure.
Symptoms of Wisdom Teeth Problems
Your wisdom teeth are the third and last set of permanent adult teeth that you will have. They will typically erupt between late teens and mid-twenties. Some people may also have them appear sooner or later. There are people that may not get wisdom teeth at all.
If you experience the following symptoms with your wisdom teeth eruption or growth, you should call us to fix an appointment:
- The teeth may be erupting as crooked or may get stuck against the adjacent teeth.
- They may be growing in the wrong position, causing food to trap, tooth decay, or becoming difficult to clean.
- Impacted wisdom teeth may cause crowding, leading to pain and complications.
- Impacted wisdom teeth are more likely to get infected.
Wisdom Teeth Removal: Cost
The cost of wisdom teeth removal usually ranges between $160 and $489. The cost can vary depending on how much your teeth are impacted. There are three overall factors that affect your wisdom teeth removal. This includes:
- How many wisdom teeth need to be removed?
- The position of the affected wisdom teeth in your jaw. This affects the complexity of the procedure required to pull out the teeth.
- Whether local anesthesia is required or not?
A typical wisdom tooth removal procedure should cost around $1,800 for removing four wisdom teeth under anesthesia.
Benefits of Removing Impacted Wisdom Teeth
If you experience any above-mentioned symptoms, you should call our office to fix an appointment. The timely intervention of our dental professionals can help benefit you in the following ways:
- Protecting adjacent teeth from damage. Your wisdom tooth may not be getting cleaned properly due to lack of enough room. This can affect the health of the adjacent teeth. The potential issues can include bone loss, periodontal disease, and/or tooth decay. Removing the wisdom tooth can help protect the adjacent teeth.
- Preventing pathology, including tumor and cyst formation. Cysts can form around impacted wisdom teeth. These cysts are filled with fluid and can expand and cause damage to the adjacent teeth and jaw bone. On rare occasions, when wisdom teeth removal is delayed, this can lead to cancerous growth in the oral cavity.
- Preventing gum infections such as pericoronitis. Pericoronitis is a more commonly occurring gum infection caused by food, bacteria, and debris getting trapped in the wisdom teeth. This can cause infection, inflammation, discomfort, bleeding, and gum and bone deterioration. A wisdom tooth may not get fully erupted in the absence of enough room. This can cause the gum tissue surrounding the tooth to be irritated and infected, further causing recurrent swelling, pain, and issues with chewing or swallowing.
Managing Your Wisdom Tooth Pain
When you suffer from pain due to this issue, pain management and treatment should be your first priorities over wisdom teeth removal cost. Fowler Dental specializes in providing inexpensive treatment to our patients throughout Mississauga and the surrounding areas. We have deep roots in our local community and always strive to provide our patients courteous and high-quality dental care they deserve.
If you suffer from pain due to wisdom teeth issues, you should call us immediately. Our professional staff will put you in touch with a dental professional who can guide you in taking the right steps for pain management. This can include:
- Taking pain medication
- Avoiding the use of that side of your mouth until you are in our office
- Keeping that area clean
Our experienced and qualified lead dentist, Dr. Akash Datt, and supporting dental assistants will conduct a thorough examination of your wisdom teeth and overall oral health. If we notice tooth decay, infection, cysts, or other compelling symptoms, we will recommend wisdom tooth removal. We will also recommend the procedure if you are unable to clean your wisdom teeth properly.
If you or a loved one has any symptoms of wisdom teeth problems, call our office at 1 905-855-2996. You may also write to us using this Online Form if you do not have pain or swelling. With us, wisdom teeth removal cost is only a secondary factor for our patients.